☁️ Discourse Air Theme

Hi, @awesomerobot. Thank you for creating this theme! It is clean and lovely. I am wondering if we can remove the gradient from the banner. Is there a way in theme settings to do that?

2 Likes
1 Like

I have same problem :slight_smile: maybe it is solved already?

1 Like

I don’t think it has NOT been resolved yet

1 Like

That is an intentional thing. :+1: You should see a similar one here on Meta in the default Light theme too. It’s to show which topic you were last in, and then disappears once you swop pages/enter another topic.

It is likely that it can be hidden with a little CSS, but when I try and inspect it in my browser it disappears too quick for me to identify. :slight_smile: I’ll see what I can find out. :+1:

3 Likes

Hello @ammar37,

You can hide it with CSS.
Create a new component in admin and paste this in the CSS section:

.topic-list .main-link.focused {
  box-shadow: none;
}
5 Likes

But the default light theme looks okay because it’s displaying the line at the far left edge of last-visited topic, as opposed to the Discourse Air Theme which is showing in between user avatar and topic text.

I was trying to identify the CSS too… :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I tried adding the css into an existing component (which I use to modify css for this theme), the code unfortunately does not seem to work so far.

[EDIT] The code is working, I actually copied your older code (.topic-list .main-outlet.focused) instead of the latest one (.topic-list .main-link.focused)

Thank you so much. Appreciate your help @Don :pray:

3 Likes

I tried it now with Discourse Air theme and it works fine for me.
Could you try add it again? I changed the code in the first few minutes maybe you was fast and copy the wrong one.

3 Likes

Nice. It’s working great now… Yeah, I actually copied your old code (.topic-list .main-outlet.focused) instead of (.topic-list .main-link.focused)

Thank you so much. Appreciate your help :pray:

3 Likes

Is it possible to change the colour of the dark mode background? I changed it using a different colour palette (as seen here).

But it is still the default blue in light mode.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Change your color scheme, the circle follows tertiary and tertiary=hover

2 Likes

is there an option for custom HTML to the head in this theme?

1 Like

Hello again @jordan-vidrine

Is it possible to make this section visible on mobile? Category boxes + Latest post below.

Thank you in advance. :innocent:

1 Like

Hey there,

I really would like to use this theme, but on the topics view user avatars are VERY pixellated. Is there any way to make it use a higher quality user avatar image?

3 Likes

The theme isn’t taking the light logo when I switch to light theming. It only retains the dark logo.

1 Like

The following merged PR fixes the issue with clicked topic list items & selected topic list item styling.

1 Like

The header text doesn’t contrast off of the background color. Probably a quick tweak of a class name somewhere is needed.

Here I’ve got the header text highlighted to bring it out. Otherwise it’d be completely hidden.

Otherwise, I love the theme!

1 Like

Thanks for this great theme! But I got one tiny problem here:

This is what the theme looks like once I logged in.

This is when I logged out.

It seems that the margins are different. I know nothing about web dev.

My phone is OnePlus 9 pro.

1 Like

Sorry about that! I believe this may have to do with the new sidebar we have enabled on meta. I have disabled this theme for selection on meta for now.