☁️ Discourse Air Theme

This is the font family setting:

font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif;
4 Likes

Refreshingly beautiful. Great work @jordan.vidrine!

3 Likes

On mobile static pages (about, faq, tos, privacy), faq is not styled as the rest. It seems to be because of this declaration: html body:not(.static-faq) #main-outlet {...} where those other pages are not excluded.

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up. It has now been fixed.

3 Likes

Ah, I updated the theme and now my homepage is showing category cards, despite my settings saying it should show categories + latest lists:

Do I need to do something to change it back to categories + latest list?

4 Likes

You can disable the component for the category boxes. This should get it rendering as normal.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks, that’s fixed it.

1 Like

Just updated the category boxes component, but now the boxes are not displayed on mobile.

Hi Jordan,

This one seems to a bug with category page.

3 Likes

This should be fixed now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi Jordan. I’ve run though the theme and plugins and made all updates, cleared my cache but unfortunately I am still getting no categories showing up on mobile. I also took out all of my css tweaks to be sure but alas no change. Any thoughts much appreciated.

1 Like

Have you updated the discourse instance as well? There was a change in core that needed to be made to fix this issue.

3 Likes

Ah ok. This instance is on hosted so I will contact support. Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

big fan of this theme. great work. I deployed it tonight and it just looks great.

3 Likes

Hi Jordan. Thanks for this theme. Is there a way to change a color for light and dark mode in CSS? Or a way to remove the dark theme completely? I made a change to the tertiary in the css in a theme component to #040404 to give a gradient look I wanted on light mode but now some text and colors are not working good on dark mode.

--scheme-type: light;
    --tertiary: #040404;
1 Like

Does anyone else know how I can do this? I want to show the forum to some other people right now but like on my mobile it auto adjusts to dark mode for some reason and looks horrible. If I could just force light mode would be fine.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @flash :slightly_smiling_face:

You can remove the dark theme from your themes in the customise/themes section of the admin settings.

You may also need to remove the ‘default dark mode color scheme id’ from the admin settings too (you can put ‘dark’ in the settings search and it’ll pop up)

3 Likes

Hi. Theres no dark mode for the air theme. I have it set for default theme and no other choices. The air-dark colors are also blocked from removal because its owned by the theme.

Changing the default dark mode to the color for air-light seemed to have work. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi again @jordan.vidrine I have another slight issue with the category boxes over at https://community.theaudienceagency.org/ (hosted).

On the large screen view, you can hover over the category and get the hover effect but I am unable to ‘click’ on the left hand section (we have a logo in each) or any other area the hover box suggests I can. I have to select the heading of the category.

I have some minor css tweaks in place but temporarily removing these doesn’t seem to resolve the issue.

Any advice you could offer would be gratefully received and thank you for all your hard work on this wonderful theme.

3 Likes

Thanks for bringing that up, I think this is a good feature to add in as each box does have a hover effect, which lends to the assumption that clicking would take you to the category.

Ill work on getting this in there soon :+1:

3 Likes