☁️ Discourse Air Theme

When previewing this theme I found that the docs page isn’t quite right.

4 Likes

Thank you @jordan.vidrine :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks again for this theme!

When showing subcategories above the posts in a category some subcategories take up too much space (see Outreach Partnerships)

This also happens when the categories are muted

3 Likes

This should now be fixed. Muted categories will now appear very transparent & the boxes should render better instead of the width of the screen. This should work if you updated the category boxes component included with this theme.

:+1:

Glad you are enjoying the theme, thanks for bringing these issues up!

4 Likes

I did a small refactor to the component and added in the ability for you to click on the box instead of the header in these changes. It should now work with an update :+1:

3 Likes

Wonderful as ever Jordan. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hey guys,

Thank you for this wonderful Discourse team. We chose to use it from Day-1 of our latest forum and enjoy it a lot.

One question our users asked several times: is it possible to show avatar of Latest poster to the topic instead of avatar of Original poster of the topic? This is being observed at Latest,Top,Unread… feeds

Did some CSS fiddling and here’s a temp solution:

.full-width .contents .topic-list .topic-list-item .posters a:last-of-type {
  margin-right: 0px;
  width: 100%;
  height: 100%;
  display: flex !important;
  justify-content: center;
  align-content: center;
  align-items: center;
  .avatar {
    margin-right: 0;
  }
}
.full-width .contents .topic-list tbody tr:not(.topic-list-item-separator) td.posters a:not(:last-of-type) {
    display: none;
}

.full-width .contents .topic-list .topic-list-item .posters a:not(:first-of-type) {
    margin-left: 0px;
}
4 Likes

This theme’s header text is the same color of the background on both light and dark mode. Is there a way to fix this?

3 Likes

This theme component added to the theme works best when applying the following settings. Make sure that the plugin outlet for the discourse-search-banner is set to below-site-header.

This will cause the search banner to appear above the content box.

3 Likes

Hi, how did you do to have the advanced options icon on the search bar?

Our Air theme:
Skärmbild 2021-10-12 094250

Your Air theme example:
Skärmbild 2021-10-12 094312

Is it some other search component you’re using? (we’re using this one: Search banner theme component - theme - Discourse Meta)

Our site and meta have it. Try updating your site perhaps and see if it appears?

Many thanks, problem solved. :+1:

Btw, it would be nice to have a X icon on the corner to be able to exit the advanced search pane and go back, instead of go back button on the browser (I know it’s not your task ondrej, but I leave it here as a suggestion for theme/theme-component authors).

3 Likes

Oh, actually… Once you are in the advanced search pane, you are in a new page on Discourse and not a modal, so the only way to go back is through the back button.

1 Like

I just noticed something with the categories:

You can see how the description of the Trouble in Terrorist Town, Wiki, and Q&A categories get cut off. Not sure if you have an easy fix for this. Great work though, I’ve customized it a lot since my last post, and it’s looking clean. 11/10

Also, happy birthday. :partying_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up! This should now be fixed :+1:

1 Like

There is a minor, but annoying, layout issue.

Sorry strange language, but it is new topic where announce ”there is no more, browse all categories…” (or similar, can’t remember what is the original english term) is overlapping topic heading.