Discourse Audio Message

@davidkingham I cannot reproduce either the /tags or the /tag_groups pages breaking with this plugin enabled.

Is there any additional info you can share?

3 Likes

Iā€™ve fixed the theme component.

6 Likes

And this plugin is broken. Ember-issue I reckon, but didnā€™t dig any deeper. It gave an error and refused to start so thatā€™s it.

1 Like

Itā€™s not working unfortunatelly and the fix is not easily done. Error: the ā€˜audio-messageā€™ modal needs updating to work with the latest version of Discourse. See Converting modals from legacy controllers to new DModal component API.

I donā€™t have the time to work on this at the moment, unfortunately - if anyone wants to create pull requests or take this over, Iā€™d be happy to help with the transition.

Otherwise I hope people can use the component created by @angus and that it works :pray:

1 Like

@K.T The component made by Angus and Peterā€™s plugin are essentially the same, especially since the ability to convert the record to MP3 has been added recently (the same way Peterā€™s plugin does). I would encourage us to give it a try. :+1:

1 Like

Agree.

Even (almost) every devices can natively record audio as MP3 making this kind apps a bit unnecessary; we donā€™t take photos thru forum either. Sure, iOS/iPadOS canā€™t do MP3 without paid app AIFK.

I use plugin, though. And waiting that day I can use AI-plugins for voice ā†’ text ā€” but that is another story.

1 Like