Discourse Login & Registeration

(Harinder Singh) #1

Hello everyone,
I am building an mobile app for discourse. How I can manage users within the app?
I want to register the user and login. Only register user can login and post new topics like in this forum. I have done lots of research but in every rest api, there is api_key required? How a user knows his api_key without registration? Anyone help please regarding registration and login. I don’t find any solution from last 10 days. I want to do it fast. Please let me know if there is any api where username and password parameters are passed and then login successful. On successful user may get a token or something like api_key. Using which user can access topics, create new topics etc. under his username. Please let me know about it’s solution.
Thanks in advance for everyone.

(Felix Freiberger) #2

You can use the user API, just as Disourse’s mobile app does.

(Harinder Singh) #3

Where is user api in this repo? Can you give me link for that?

(Harinder Singh) #4

Is there an apk file for Android for discourse to test? If yes, then please give link to apk file.

(Felix Freiberger) #5

The user API is a feature of Discourse – the link I gave you is the source code of the official mobile app, which uses this API. The best description of the API I found if the #feature:rfc, which you can find here:

You can ask @sam for a beta invite here: