Reply Template

There has been a big update to the component, can you try to update it and see how it goes for you please?

2 Likes

Hi, sorry for my slow reply. I’ve just checked and it’s still not working for me.

This is how it still appears.

I’m still seeing an error message saying the theme has errors either in CSS, HTML or YAML. We’ve found a workaround for now and it could also be an issue with the version of Discourse we’re running.

The direct message template feature (action="create_pm") used not to work on our instance. It displayed a private message composer, but once one would hit “send”, it turned the message into a—usually public—topic!

I’ve added a quickfix in a fork by copying some fragments from discourse/discourse:

I think what did the trick was adding the archetypeId: "private_message". I would, however, think that the bug actually is that it’s possible to open a composer that lures users into thinking they are composing a private message and then making it public without warning.

1 Like

Yes sorry I just tried it and it works fine I expect it to be related to your setup. If you show me the exact full error, maybe I can help.

1 Like

Yes you are right, I will change this. thanks.

2 Likes

No problem. I think the problem is with our setup, so I’ll fix that first and come back to you.

Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Hi thanks for this theme component.
Would it be possible to add another special key
It’s for an exercise routine template

$today - today’s date

Edit:-
Hi first ever PR … hope I got it right … works on my instance
Took two goes (how do you hide your mistakes on github?)
… oh well that’s one off the bucket list … just the API to crack next

5 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Set message button text based on the PM’s recipients

Greetings. Can I use this feature to reply to a specific message in the current topic?

A post was split to a new topic: Add reply templates