Discourse theme to look like Skool

What would you like done?
Custom Discourse theme to recreate the look&feel of Skool.com, as their design encourages discussion and highlights gamification features

When do you need it done?
No rush.

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
Don’t know the adequate prices, but I’m willing to sponsor it as long as it will be opensource and available for everyone free of charge.

Let’s talk about the details of implementation in public - but feel free to DM me if you don’t have any questions and just want to get straight to it.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about skool. I’ll send a pm.

4 Likes

It seems that what are called Communities/Groups on Skool would translate to Categories in Discourse.

So you’d have a “All categories” view like Skool’s landing page:

And a topic list view for each category like this:

I wonder if the look & feel is such a determining factor though. It seems what sets this apart is more the functionality to host a platform that allows members to open groups and administer and moderate them themselves. To implement this on Discourse you’d need to extend and develop some features with plugins. Rather than change the look.

5 Likes

I’m focused strictly on User Experience, not on the platform from the Creator perceptive, as mention in Discourse vs Skool topic.

3 Likes

You are trying to make one discourse community work like one skool community, and not trying to make a single platform that let’s people add more communities, right?

2 Likes

Correct! :slight_smile:

To dissect @nolo’s screenshot these are the main sections:

1 Like