Discourse's CSS variables aren't set

Yes

I just removed all themes … kept only the default one …
I looked into theme_fields, it was empty … good
themes table has only one theme …

now I’ trying to enter the app

sudo ./launcher enter app

and do full assets precompile …

now I’m trying to look into … why the css variable --secondary is zero : rgba(0,0,0,0) …

Even with that … still same issue :frowning:

Mmmmmm and It seems whatever theme I’m using … it’s just not picking any color pallette …
I made sure of the settings …

You say you set to the default, but I still can see the Mint theme and nskht-mn-mint-light color scheme, I’m confused :smile: [EDIT] now I see the default theme with dark color scheme, but yea, still not color definitions.

Did u access my website ?

https://www.yasater.com
It’s set now for default theme … unlikely it;s a caching issue …
Ah, yes the color pallette is a copy from a previous one … will set it now to light …

Yes, even the default color scheme is not being generated.

I guess you are using the latest Discourse version now? It’s quite a mystery.

1 Like

oh my that is very odd

1 Like

Yes indeed … the latest …

I even removed the Default one … no themes at all … then realized nothing changed !!!
So the whole theming/colors are not working at all …
Reinstall a fresh theme air-theme … set a new colo pallette … Also nothing changed …
What could be the reason !!

Currently trying to flush the redis … then rebuild … let’s see

Can you check /logs to see if you see any errors?

Yes I did … nothing suspecious … all normal …

Did you switch from tests-passed?

Have you tried to use /wizard ?

Yes I used /wizard … whatever I do … the color part is not reflected at all …
I don’t know what to do now … something is b roken but can;t figure it out

I’m using the latest discourse docker … after installation with no issues, I noticed there were some issue with background colors, as in this screenshot:

I’ve posted my issue here and got a lot of suggestions, none worked.
After inspecting what is going on … it seems the css variable --secondary is not defined any where …
How is this variable defined, and where ??

I’ve merged your new topic, there is no need to have two topics about the same issue :+1:

Did you try with safe mode?

Yes I did … same issue … I disabled everything …

Hi yes, sorry I misread the topic and that was already asked.

Did you try reinstalling and restoring a backup (preferably on a test server)?

1 Like

just moved to another thread … (same question)

Here what I had to do eventually …
I installed another fresh discourse docker … it worked prefectly … no issues … then I let me current discourse uses a fresh postgres database … it workled perfectly … so it seems some settings were messed up from the previous installation … the tables I suspected were: theme* and site_settings … I treid to fogure out which setting might cause this … no luck … or this will take a hell of time …

I was searching on how to reset these settings tot he default values and/or remove unused one …

eventually I neded up … for whatever theme I want to use, I just fork it on github, update it by adding the color definitions manually in one the scss files … and the install it from my admin interface …