DiscPage: a plugin to create static pages and insert discussion balloons in the text

@Hifihedgehog, can you see the same bug on this page from your Surface Pro 8?

Also, on your original forum, please do the following:

1. Log in as admin
  2. In the hamburger menu, click “DiscPage On/Off” → the hamburger menu will turn red, indicating that DiscPage CSS has been disabled
  3. Check if the bug persists

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s all well and good, but the bug does not happen in the split pane, where DiscPage is used. It happens when DiscPage is on in areas of my forum, where DiscPage is not used, where topics that do not share a split pane with a static page. Is there a category that isn’t using DiscPage on your forum that I can visit to test this?

Yes, already one step ahead of you here. The bug only occurs with the DiscPage CSS enabled, or DiscPage On.

1 Like

I’ve just published a new version of the plugin (1.0.54) with a tentative fix. Could you please install it and check if it solves the problem?

I also improved the behavior of the “DiscPage On/Off” menu. So if the problem is still there in 1.0.54, please retry this menu and let me know the result.

Thanks.

Late response. Still not working.

I’ve just published a new version (1.0.55) where I’ve disabled a feature that might cause the issue. Could you please test it?
Sorry for all this, but I cannot reproduce the bug on my side.

1 Like

Early positive results! So far, I personally am not seeing the bug in portrait orientation on my Surface. I just pinged my users and will report their results soon!

1 Like

The issue still appears to occur on Safari on iPadOS as depicted below.

However, the issue is now fully resolved on Edge on Windows and Safari on macOS.

1 Like

@Hifihedgehog , I’ve tried to reproduce this issue on several Android+Chrome and Apple+Safari mobile phones, without any success. I will try to put my hand on an iPad or a MacBook.

In the meantime, I’ve posted some more information about the issue here. If this rings a bell, please let me know.

Will do! Just so you don’t go down the wrong rabbit hole, the issue appears to not occur with Safari on macOS while it does on iPadOS following what my user desertlap shared with me. Safari on iPadOS appears to be the only problematic target screen size and browser at this point.

1 Like

Not a bug, but an FYI for anyone using this plugin: I note that the following Theme Component removes the New Topic button – from inside the DiscPage right side discussion slide-in panel up into the site header, and outside of the context of the DiscPage category functionality, so that clicking the New Topic button when it is in the header (as it is when the below Theme Component is enabled) does not attach the New Topic to the selected balloon in the left panel/page content of the DiscPage.

1 Like

Again, not a bug – just a notable limitation:

Table of Contents (TOC) doesn’t seem to work on DiscPages.

It would be great if the TOC could slide up from the bottom like on mobile.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately TOCs don’t show up on DiscPage pages.

The reason is that the way DiscoTOC works is by displaying the TOC in the timeline area, outside of the post itself. Currently, DiscPage strips off everything that’s not the post itself.

1 Like