Easy Responsive Footer

Thanks! I’ve updated it and it indeed fixed the issue. However, when I go into settings, such as the admin settings, the width is still not set to the max screen width. It still expands in settings. When disabling the easy footer plugin it respects the max width again.

Edit: it seems that the width in the latest topic view is not set correctly.

Easy footer enabled:

Easy footer disabled:

Another edit: updated the whole Discourse instance, now it’s fine. I guess the CSS changes of Discourse itself changed and is not in line with the plugin.

3 Likes

The preview gives me an “access denied” error

…does this plugin theme component show up in the crawler version?

Off-topic: Is the below a plugin or some sort of clever formatting that I can re-produce in the standard discourse editor?

1 Like

Will this update be rolling out to hosted customers soon? We’re still seeing this behavior on our hosted site.

1 Like

Can you update the component again? it needed another adjustment

3 Likes

Strange, it still works for me… even when logged out.

No, theme components don’t show up in crawler view

This is a table created in markdown, check out Create a table using markdown on your Discourse forum

2 Likes

Maybe that’s because the edit that was done today.

I always quote a post to see how it was done

1 Like

Yup not sure what that was - Its working now. ( I had tested chrome incognito mode earlier )

Oh very neat, it would be nice to see some examples for the button. Will need to tinker with this.

2 Likes

That fixed it, thank you!

2 Likes

ah, the install button is different… that’s a custom plugin we’ve created just for Meta

3 Likes

A quick question: is it possible to increase the width (full page) of the footer and remove extra spaces from both sides?

1 Like

Hi @dax,

I added more footer links to generate two rows. As you can see, the second row is not aligned with the first. My mobile footer is also not aligned as expected)

I was wondering whether you could help me with the CSS to align both rows left.

2 Likes

It seems like the footer not show up when visit using mobile phone

1 Like

Hello @Johani. I installed this footer theme-component and I am loving it. I have one problem though.

As you can see from the screenshot above, I have 12 columns. I am struggling to align to force the footer to have 6 of the categories and subcategories on top and 6 at the bottom.

Also, on your mobile screenshot, the items are arranged into 2 rows but mine is one. Here is the mobile screenshot:

1 Like

We would love to use this, but we’re getting a weird behavior on this where our ‘Link sections’ input is replaced on blur with “[object FocusEvent]”, with no errors (or any other output) in the console

1 Like

Aaand… now it works. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

this is a great theme, i’ve used it on 5 forums i manage. However, recently I have a need to use custom emoji in the name of the link but it can’t be rendered. With available emojis, this is possible. you can check and upgrade them
View at: https://businesslab.vn

There is a problem with the footer arrangement after the browser full screen, please how do I solve it

It’s settled, Mafanle

Is there a way to let this footer appear only in mobile mode and on all pages, and only with icons? Like a sticky button menu at the bottom?

I’m getting a warning in browser console on my local.

[THEME 14 'Easy Footer'] "controller:static" was not found by modifyClass

_resolveClass	@	plugin-api.js:77
2 Likes