Elections Plugin

Ok, I’ve created a new sandbox. Currently it has this plugin, Quick Messages and Question Answer on it.

Here’s an example election.

@tobiaseigen @Silvanus I can make you mods on the sandbox if you want to see the election admin features.

I haven’t added the features we’ve discussed yet (but you won’t see them if you’re not an election admin anyway), i.e.

• Free text entry in the new election modal
  • Self nomination toggle
  • Add nominee button

After reading the linked topic, I still don’t entirely understand what your process is. But the simple answer to your question is that you can edit the poll in the first post of the election topic like you can any other poll.

I should clarify that the point of this plugin is to provide additional tools and UI elements specific to elections on top of what the Polls plugin provides. I don’t want to restrict the Polls plugin in any way. That would be counter-productive.

In addition to the features mentioned above, something else I’m curious about is how you are thinking about election ‘discovery’. Currently there is a list that is added to the discovery UI. You’ll see it when you go to the elections category in my sandbox.

Actually, if you are already running elections using topic based polls could you link them here? Seeing a real live example will help me (and others).

4 Likes