Errors when adding webinar

Thanks for the plugin. I followed the same as what you have explained, but getting this error

And the logs return this:
Message (7 copies reported)

TypeError (no implicit conversion of nil into String)
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-zoom/lib/client.rb:12:in `parse’

Backtrace

/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-zoom/lib/client.rb:12:in `parse'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-zoom/lib/client.rb:12:in `webinar'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-zoom/lib/webinars.rb:27:in `find'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/discourse-zoom/app/controllers/webinars_controller.rb:74:in `preview'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.1/lib/action_controller/metal/basic_implicit_render.rb:6:in `send_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.1/lib/abstract_controller/base.rb:196:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.1/lib/action_controller/metal/rendering.rb:30:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.1/lib/abstract_controller/callbacks.rb:42:in `block in process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.1/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:135:in `run_callbacks'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.1/lib/abstract_controller/callbacks.rb:41:in `process_action'

Env

HTTP HOSTS: forum.laex.in

Edit: Webinar ID as 656-530-215 also gives the same error.

Looks like the API request to webinars/WEBINAR_ID is not returning nil for the start_time of the webinar from Zoom. You might want to test your API credentials outside of the plugin, using a tool like Postman, for example.

3 Likes

I did a test of API credentials and its fine. Then I did a quick update of the plugin and I am able to connect to the webinar.
a2

1. I am not sure, if it is for the update or, I tried to create a webinar topic, after the webinar was actually started/in progress.

2. What time does the plugin use to calculate the Event begins in time? I have logged in from two devices at the same time, but the Event begins in show different times.

From laptop: (which has a time advance of 7 mins)

and from mobile

Thanks

It uses the time returned by javascript’s new Date(). The difference you see in your screenshots matches the 7-min advance on the laptop.

3 Likes

It works great. Btw, is there any possibility that I can show the chat in webinar as a discussion to the topic?