Failing to rebuild app on Discourse since May 7

Are those 2 discourse installations running in the same machine? Are you pointing the stateful volume (/shared folder in the container) to different locations in the host?

containers/app1.yml:

volumes:
  - volume:
      host: /var/discourse/shared/app1
      guest: /shared
  - volume:
      host: /var/discourse/shared/app1/log/var-log
      guest: /var/log

containers/app2.yml:

volumes:
  - volume:
      host: /var/discourse/shared/app2
      guest: /shared
  - volume:
      host: /var/discourse/shared/app2/log/var-log
      guest: /var/log

(this is to make sure that both of your discourse instances are independent, because an error in one of them shouldn’t reflect in the other when nothing else changed)

I don’t think your setup is mapping to the same location both apps, after all I dont think it would even work.

In case they are pointing to different locations (what I assume), then the most probable cause that I can think of is some kind of conflict caused by a plugin.

Even if you haven’t added any plugins in your app.yml after your last rebuild that worked, when you execute the rebuild command, the latest version/commit of discourse is used and it may have conflicts with existing plugins.

What are your plugins? If you comment them and rebuild you have the same error?

There’s also a similar issue about problems when compiling mini-racer (although it was an older version, but may be related):

https://meta.discourse.org/t/rebuild-app-failed-due-to-issue-with-mini-racer/92939/4?u=lucasbasquerotto

Are you using the tests-passed branch?