Fig - Native Discourse client for iOS

Ah… thanks for the hint :slight_smile:

How do we get the fig app to play “domain protected” Vimeo videos that are native to the discourse forum? Meaning you can play them in a browser in the forum, but when you go to fig you can’t? Thanks

Thanks for this! One problem that I’m experiencing is when I go to Bookmarks, they are empty. The personal messages I’ve bookmarked don’t show up. See comparisons below.

1 Like

Hmm, it seems Google analytics does not work for users using this app. Is there a way to get this working for the app?

You guys have a better chance of getting an answer from the developer by going to his forum and asking there.

1 Like

Do Discourse for Teams instances work in Fig?

Discousre for Teams is still Discourse, so they probably work. I am not familiar with Fig myself, so feel free to go ahead and try it out and report back here to let us know if it works.

You will lose some of the great Teams functionality and UI, however, by accessing it in an app. Not sure why you’d want to do that.

1 Like

I was purely curious.

Did these emails ever stop? I received one recently.

1 Like

Same here. Now I’m concerned…

1 Like

@anon23393886 & @Opetron… were they unsolicited emails (have you used fig before)? What’s the content of the email? (is it similar to the one shared here: Are emails from Fig app legitimate?)

1 Like

Fig does not send any emails even if you download the app. And we have no longer send any unsolicited emails since that thread closed. Happy to investigate if someone can send the email along with headers to my DMs.

3 Likes

Yes, it was unsolicited (I have expressed interest in Fig before, but have never downloaded the app myself). It appears to be nearly identical to the one from that topic you linked.

1 Like

This is not from Fig. When we sent out those emails, we included a special URL for your own community. This allowed us to automatically add your community when you launched Fig. That was the point of the third paragraph and the P.S. comment. The link there is just the standard apple App Store link. We also never sent these emails from our support email address.

But I also can’t comprehend why someone may send this as if it was from Fig.

1 Like

That looks exactly like the email I received. Now I’m just bamboozled… :thinking:

There has to be an explanation to all this.

1 Like

Honestly, it seems quite elaborate to me. Is there a motive of some sort?

1 Like

I don’t know, is the app link (which we never sent) link match the visual link or is it malicious? It would help if someone can DM me the raw email with headers.

1 Like

I found the email in my spam folder. It was automatically deleted shortly thereafter.

1 Like

I manually deleted the email after becoming suspicious that it could be malicious.

1 Like

@sam I think some action may be needed as @Mo.K failed to keep the promise of no unsolicited emails.

It is possible for someone to send out spoofed email, but fighq.io seems to have SPF in order so this should not be possible. I believe @Mo.K is acting in bad faith.