Force specific users through moderation

I don’t know if there is a way to expose site/plugin settings to non-admins.

The plugin could be extended to add a button to user profile screens to toggle forced moderation on and off for the displayed user. That would make it possible for moderators to use it.

Realistically, I don’t know if I will have time to add that to the plugin myself in the near future, but I’d take a pull request if someone else wants to.

2 Likes

Would it be difficult to implement a function where posts rejected have a reason text field that’s PM’d to the user?

Great plug in by the way @LeoDavidson :sunny:

That would probably be best as a separate plugin, since it would be useful as a general part of the moderation queue functionality in Discourse.

This plugin just puts messages into the moderation queue (if the username matches) and doesn’t change how anything after that works.

Can this plugin be applied to a Group?

Does this plugin even work under the new reviewables design in Discourse 2.3 @eviltrout? I think it is unlikely…

It still works, at least on my v2.4.0.beta1 forum. (It did break when v2.3 was released, but I fixed it.)

It only checks usernames at the moment but I might be able to add that if I can find some spare time. How much do you need it?

2 Likes

Has it been updated to use the review queue? Or does it have a different mechanism for review? I can help upgrade it if not.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, to be honest. I haven’t really explored the new review queue feature.

When I fixed it for v2.3, I had to change it so it returned either :trust_level or :skip instead of true or false. Don’t know if anything more is needed?

1 Like

I’m not sure how many customer requests we get for per-user moderation but it might be worth a quick look to scope the task if we ever do.

3 Likes

I just reviewed the code and was surprised to see it’s nice and simple! It uses the existing post queuing methods so it automatically uses the review queue and nothing more should need to be updated.

5 Likes

Indeed, nice work @LeoDavidson :clap:

3 Likes