Free Hosting for Open Source v2

Why does this say minimum 10 contributors, but the quotation-request page says minimum 50?

1 Like

Perhaps the limit increased or decreased over time @rishabh?

2 Likes

On the Open Source form at https://free.discourse.group, you’ll see that the minimum value is 10:

Is there are chance you are talking about the $50/mo patronage requirement for Free hosting for Patreon creators instead?

4 Likes

The default content for the Terms of Service page refers to a company name and city. Does anyone have advice for modifying these to be appropriate for an open-source project?

4 Likes

Hi @alxndr, unfortunately, we’re not going to be of much help here. I’d strongly recommend reaching out to a lawyer familiar with your organization and the laws of the state/country where it is based. Relevant:

6 Likes

Thanks, follow up question — I left the fields blank when installing (v 2.7.0.beta3) and the TOS/ Privacy pages content have placeholders in them… can I fill in values for those fields and then regenerate the boilerplate text? Or do I need to fill them in manually now?

4 Likes

I’m not 100% positive, but I do believe you need to fill them in manually now. I don’t believe changing the site settings after initial setup regenerates the TOS.

5 Likes

Is the free hosting for open source limited to the standard plan plugins?

3 Likes

Yes, the plugins on the free-tier hosting are the same as the ones on our standard tier :+1:

6 Likes

So no chance for the official calendar plugin? Events are really important for oss communities.

6 Likes

No chance today. We do evaluate the plugin offerings on a semi-regular basis, so it certainly could be added in the future.

7 Likes

Thank you for offering this program.

6 Likes