Globally Disable Auto Close

AI-generated summary

Globally Disable Auto Close discussion summary:

Corey_Strausman is looking for a way to globally disable auto-close in the settings, but couldn’t find a simple solution. Corey_Strausman mentions that it seems there isn’t a global setting for this.

JammyDodger responds, explaining that auto-close timers are set at the category level and are default off. The max posts auto-close is set at 10,000 by default.

Corey_Strausman provides screenshots and asks for help finding the global setting to disable auto-close. Firepup650 suggests that Corey_Strausman would have to adjust settings per-category for auto-closes.

Corey_Strausman updates that they have adjusted the relevant categories from 60 days to 10 years, resolving their issue.

I was wondering if there was any way in the global settings to disable auto-close so that it no longer auto-closes any topics. I tried searching past threads and there doesn’t seem to be a simple solution to this.

Can someone walk me through admin step-by-step to accomplish this global setting?

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like there is, so if anyone has any workarounds to apply this change globally it would be much appreciated!

Hello and welcome @Corey_Strausman :slight_smile:

Which auto-close are you referring to? The timer ones are set at the category level, but should be default off.

The max posts one is set at 10,000 by default, which is a pretty large amount, and topics over that size tend to become hard to navigate (arguably even before they got to the size as well :slight_smile:)

Thank you for your response @JammyDodger!

I’m looking for where in the global settings I can disable this from happening in the future.

That would be the category level auto-closes, I think you’d have to go per-category for those.

Ah that makes sense, I adjusted the relevant categories from 60 days to 10 years.