Globally Disable Auto Close

I was wondering if there was any way in the global settings to disable auto-close so that it no longer auto-closes any topics. I tried searching past threads and there doesn’t seem to be a simple solution to this.

Can someone walk me through admin step-by-step to accomplish this global setting?

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like there is, so if anyone has any workarounds to apply this change globally it would be much appreciated!

Hello and welcome @Corey_Strausman :slight_smile:

Which auto-close are you referring to? The timer ones are set at the category level, but should be default off.

The max posts one is set at 10,000 by default, which is a pretty large amount, and topics over that size tend to become hard to navigate (arguably even before they got to the size as well :slight_smile:)

3 Likes

Thank you for your response @JammyDodger!

I’m looking for where in the global settings I can disable this from happening in the future.

That would be the category level auto-closes, I think you’d have to go per-category for those.

Ah that makes sense, I adjusted the relevant categories from 60 days to 10 years.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.