Google groups login

Hello everyone,
I’m having a group of users on google group and I want them to login to my discourse. I want them to login via the main google authentication page but they must be on my group list to access discourse, if not they shouldn’t be allowed to access.

May I ask you to tell me how to do so ?
Sorry if it’s a duplicate.
Have a great day everyone !

I think that the only way to do that is to import those users. . . . somehow, and then maybe turn on invite_only.

I don’t think that there’s a way for Discourse to know who’s in your Google group.

Hello. Thank you for your answer. May I ask you, where to invite them and how to import them and to export them from google groups ?

You can search for the #howto topics on invites and on importing Google Groups.

How to send, configure, and accept Discourse invitation emails, for example, but there are others. Importing mailing lists (mbox, Listserv, Google Groups, emails, …).

I think Google Takeout (and maybe even Google Groups itself) allows you to export your member list as CSV. You should then be able to use the bulk invite feature of Discourse.

The full mbox import seems to be overkill if you only want to import users. Mind, this is a one time thing. If new users join your Group, you’ll need to invite them to Discourse manually.

Thank you for your answer. Quick question, if I set an invitation code and send it to all my users, is that also a good solution ? I mean I send it to them in a newsletter for example.

Or can I do something like that :

A user may register via google ( Configuring Google login for Discourse )
And then I ask him/her for a private code ?

Or what do you recommend ? Like what’s the easiest way to do such thing and so we can avoid having to do everything manually ?

Or If someone is having (or had) the same situation than me, how did you manage to do?

Hello back everyone,

I found that you may use Firebase to login (sso) with discourse. Do you know if there’s a way to use your google groups users linked to firebase and then login to discourse ?

Thank you all for your help ! It’s much appreciated.