Help us test the restyled composer

Not 100% sure, there is just speculation at the moment. It’s been around in “flags” since at least April, and now it’s come through Canary and is in Beta.

It could never come, or it could be in the next release.

We don’t support beta or canary here so I’d wait until you see it in stable. We have enough noise in this topic as is without adding even more.

1 Like

Do you want to know about Firefox 57 (currently at b13), which is due for release in 11 days (November 14th)? It’s actually usable on mobile now…

1 Like

We only support the official mobile browsers on each platform, which is clearly specified on our project page and the website… so Android/Chrome and iOS/Mobile Safari.

4 Likes

I noticed a few more minor issues on mobile:

1 Like

Yes it does, on mobile you are not seeing the preview (because where would it go?). When you preview you should see italic.

Ah, right. I totally forgot about that :blush: I should go to bed…
Still, I’m missing some visual feedback. The small eye is just not that visible.

Maybe use the reply button?

11 Likes

I think this is a good idea for whispers on all devices; it’s one of those things that I find myself double-checking (am I really really sure that it’s a whisper and not a regular post?) — so that extra confirmation of the action I’m taking with the button feels nice.

8 Likes

I like changing the text but find swapping the icon a bit confusing, maybe just do a text switch for now?

5 Likes

Yeah changing the text is an excellent idea I know this has bitten @supermathie as well.

6 Likes

Excellent idea :+1:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/6cd69529a8f421385d1d39601b1cb63159aeda4e

15 Likes