How can I force the cache to be rebuilt after I enable new customizations?

It seems like adding and enabling new customizations in the admin is delayed until I do a full rebuild to upgrade Discourse. At first I thought it was just local cache but that doesn’t seem to be it.

Is there any way to force an update of the customizations?

To be clear, do you mean at /admin/customize? All of those (as far as I know) are applied immediately, you shouldn’t need to do a container rebuild.

Are you looking at your site itself or are you trying to view customizations while still in /admin? I forget exactly what the setup is, but customizations don’t tend to show up while you’re in /admin.

That’s correct @Yuun. These are /admin/customize additions, specifically for CSS. From everything I’ve tried, I can’t seem to get them to take in real time. They are real time for you? I’m not sure what I might be doing wrong.

Browser clearing, incognito, different machines…

Yeah, they definitely update in real time for me, I fiddle with the CSS customizations all the time.

I’m not sure what would cause them to stop doing this, unfortunately.

Based on your answer I investigated further. The reason is that the site customizations are included in the CDN rewrite. They’re urls under /site_customizations/. So if you have a CDN rewrite in place, you’ll need to perform some manual invalidations on site_customizations/*.

4 Likes