How to restrict anonymous users from posting in specific categories in Discourse?

Thank you for your response!

My issue is not about posting via email, but about how to restrict anonymous users from posting in specific categories. I have referred to this post, but I am still facing some challenges. Below are the details of my situation and the issues I am encountering:

My Goals

1. Restrict Anonymous Users from Posting: I want anonymous users to be able to post only in specific categories, and in other categories, they should only be able to view the content, not post.
  2. Prevent Permission Conflicts: Even though the trust level of anonymous users is the same as that of regular users (e.g., both are at trust level 0), I want to ensure that anonymous users cannot post in restricted categories.

Issues Encountered

1. Permission Conflicts: Even though I have set permissions to restrict the anonymous user group from posting in certain categories, the problem arises because anonymous users have the same trust level as regular users (e.g., both are at trust level 0). Due to this overlap, anonymous users can still post in categories where only trust level 0 users are allowed to post. This creates a conflict where anonymous users bypass the restriction because they share the same trust level as regular users.
1 Like