Hello, many get stuck when trying to use their gSuite account’s SMTP services. Well, I’ve found a workaround! The following steps are to be performed.
- Login to Google Admin Console.
- Go to Apps > Gmail.
- Then, go to the routing section at the last on the page.
- On the page that will open, go tot the SMTP relay service section. Click on New Rule / Add Another Rule.
- Enter a short description or a summary for what you’ll be using the SMTP, e.g “Just a test for the guide on meta discourse”.
- The second option, the dropdown is based on your needs.
- Under Authentication, the first option is recommended but not forced. If checked, the SMTP will return success only from the specified server address.
- Make sure to check the require SMTP credentials.
- Under Encryption, check Require TLS encryption for better security!
an example for reference:
- Then log in to your google account settings and create an app-specific key.
Hence, Your username will be your email address, password will be the app specific key.