HTML content omitted message when pressing CTRL+P

Hello, recently I’ve noticed that when I try to print a message or post from my forum by pressing Control + P, it opens a new window like it should but the content is not visible and is instead replaced with this error: HTML content omitted because you are logged in or using a modern mobile device.

This doesn’t make much sense, why would it be omitted when I am logged in and trying to print? Can someone please explain the reasoning behind this? Thank you.

1 Like

Can reproduce here on meta, seems like a bug.

And it does work when signed out:

2 Likes

Alright, thanks for letting me know this seems to be unintended behavior. For now, a way to bypass it is to either log out and then print which wouldn’t work for private topics/messages, or you can instead click on the print button your browser has in the toolbar.

2 Likes

That seems to produce very unintended data:

1 Like

I think there is a fix in progress

8 Likes

It unfortunately dumps all the elements from the site onto the printed page which wastes ink and paper space, you can close the sidebar and then print but it’s still inconvenient. It’s what we’ll have to make do for now until this is resolved.

Also worth noting, they might take a look at how to improve the print rendering :+1:

3 Likes