We have an issue that is driving me crazy.
Problem: images hosted at imgur are frequently broken.
Reloading the page via CTRL-F5 makes the images show up, however, since we are having this issue in many topics, this workaround is not really acceptable.
First observed beginning of September 2019 with images from dslreports.com and FF69.0 (on Windows)
Issue is still present today with FF 76.0.1 and Discourse 2.5.0.beta4
Observations of a different user
- Confirmation using FF 69.0 on macOS 10.12.6…
- The normal page load is missing the images as reported.
- Cmd-Shift-R (reload with Shift key down) causes the images to appear
- Cmd-R (just normal reload) - no images again.
- Chrome Version 77.0.3865.75: Same behavior
- Cmd-R-no images
- Cmd-Shift-R has images.
- Safari Version 12.1.2 (12607.3.10) always displays images
- Topic for testing: Broken imgur images (for testing only) - Site Feedback and Other Questions - OpenWrt Forum
Observation #1: When I created this topic, only the “Linked BBCode” wasn’t showing up
Observation #2: After logging out, closing FF, reopening FF and revisiting this topic again, all imgur images are broken. (The first image is not hosted at imgur and is therefore working)
- other topic where this issue is visible: How to setup bridge on OpenWrt Nanostation M2 - Network and Wireless Configuration - OpenWrt Forum
Any clues what could cause this issue and how it can be resolved?