Install all plugins

How would I install all the plugins here as if they were part of my app.yml?

I tried inserting the command provided in my yml as:

hooks:
  after_code:
    - exec:
        cd: $home/plugins
        cmd:
          - sudo -E -u discourse git clone https://github.com/discourse/docker_manager.git
          - git clone https://github.com/discourse/all-the-plugins.git
        cd: ./all-the-plugins
        cmd:
          - git submodule update --init --recursive

But it ended up giving me an error

Pups::ExecError: cd ./all-the-plugins && git submodule update --init --recursive failed with return #<Process::Status: pid 292 exit 2>
Location of failure: /pups/lib/pups/exec_command.rb:112:in `spawn'
exec failed with the params {"cd"=>"./all-the-plugins", "cmd"=>["git submodule update --init --recursive"]}
f4e262dc445e2f04b6061be127f4e874dbf5aaa30e889367527113e88f33ea62

You just don’t want to do that. It’s a really, really bad idea and can’t possibly work.

Install only plugins that you want for a purpose or perhaps, only official supported plugins.

4 Likes

Any reason why it is such a bad idea, why is it not possible to install all of those plugins.
And I could simply put each of them on a - sudo -E -u discourse git clone line and do it that way.
What would be a more time efficient way, saying as if I theoretically really wanted all of the plugins.

You’re introducing a lot of risk by installing that many plugins. You can run into performance issues, incompatibility issues, security issues, some of those plugins have redundant functionality… when you’re installing plugins you should have some general idea of what it does and who maintains it.

We don’t allow third-party plugins on our official hosting without closely reviewing the code, for example… because we need to closely manage the security and performance of our servers.

4 Likes

Because many of those plugins are broken or deprecated.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.