Integration with .NET MVC application for a SaaS platform

Hi,

I’m the founder of Raklet and I’ve been using Discourse at Techstars Connect for more than 2 years. It’s a great product!

My goal is to integrate Discourse with our SaaS platform. Raklet provides

1. Contacts CRM
  2. Messaging (Email & SMS)
  3. Payments (Membership, Ticketing, Donations)
  4. Private Social Network (where your members can login and see all the features).

Our Private Social Network is pretty simple meaning members can see each other and message directly and browse job boards but we do not have multiple boards or commenting features. Unfortunately, we’ve limited resources and we can not build them all on our end.

So I’m looking for guidance on how to integrate Discourse on our platform.

Do we need to have multiple installations for each one of our clients? Can we use Discourse with multiple organizations? ie. raklet .com/IAE will have their own discussion boards and will not access to other customers boards.

I’m open to connect with consultants who can help us out as well.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sounds like an interesting project!

Have you seen our single sign on document? Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso)

If you want clients to only be able to access their own data, then yes. You can run multiple Discourse instances with minimal overhead using a multisite configuration.

If you are interested in a hosted solution, feel free to drop us an email at team@discourse.org, and we can discuss. If you’re looking at self-hosting, there are a number of independent consultants here who might be able to help you out. #marketplace is the best place to post when looking for consultants.

6 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply. We’ve free credits from Microsoft Azure for the next 2 years so we might consider hosting it ourselves. However, I’m also open to discusss hosted version on your end as well. At the end of the day, you’re the experts.

Multisite configuration sounds great. I’ll definitely check it out.

Hey Gereck, I’m looking into your platform for a subscription and I’d be very interested in having an integration with Discourse.

At the moment I run Drupal/CiviCRM (server 1) + Discourse (server 2) and I’d like to replace Drupal/CiviCRM with Raklet.

Why don’t you just allow Raklet to be used as SSO for a stand-alone (not managed/hosted by you) Discourse installation?

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @emanuele.casadio

Thanks for your feedback. You can easily replace Drupal/CiviCRM with Raklet. You can get started by creating your free trial here: Raklet

It sounds interesting to let Raklet to be used as SSO for a stand-alone (not managed/hosted by you) Discourse installation. I’d be happy to connect over a quick call to discuss how we can make it happen.

Best

3 Likes