Invites assume user ID will be derived from email address

In our Amateur Radio community, everyone has a licensed call sign. However while many may use that call sign as the first part before the @ symbol of their email address, there also many who have other email addresses. We require that IDs are call signs. So if I send and invite to someone who has their call sign in the first part of their email address - that works fine. But for those who do not - I am stuck. It appears that I cannot specify the ID that an invited person will have upon responding even though I know what it must be. If I am not missing something, this would be nice to have.
Jim

As of a few weeks ago, invitees can specify their username when accepting the invite – try it by sending an invite to one of your own email addresses.

3 Likes

With some CSS trickery, you might even be able to change the username: field to be labeled callsign: instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good but I really don’t want the person to have any option not to use their call sign which I will know from other databases and can specify. I will have a play with one of my other email addresses.
Jim

I have already used the Customize - Text Content substitution feature to replace “username” with “callsign” in as many places as possible (9 so far). That ability as already dramatically almost eliminated people signing up with odd IDs rather than their call sign. I didn’t need CSS to do that.
Jim

1 Like

Can CSV invite lists (bulk invite, if you search for it) specify the username @techapj?

Ooops - click on “bulk invites from a file” and I don’t seem to be able to get out of it. File Open dialog box appears and no amount of cancelling will work - it keeps coming back.

Can’t even close the browser - it is going to have to be a Task Manager job to kill that.

No, CSV invite lists does not support specifying username, but Invite tokens does support pre-staging username:

3 Likes