Is there a theming 'map'? (An easy way to find plugin-outlets etc)

Thanks for the replies both :slight_smile:

That’s what I thought I was doing (I don’t think you can get much simpler than editing the title tags). On other forum software I would just open the file/template for the ‘showthread’ page and edit it, it would literally take less than a minute and I would love Discourse theming to be this easy (however it is possible that my not being familiar with Discourse theming right now is why I’m feeling lost).

That’s what I think I need for all of the items in the first post because they need to modify existing content (rather than append or prepend in a specific place which the plugin-outlets seem to be geared towards).

I think that is quite possibly the issue here. I don’t know Ember and maybe that is what’s making this feel somewhat alien. I would love for something like Plugin outlet locations theme component but for templates and everything else that can be customised - that would be a huge help.

How do you find what you need though Kris?

Ah thanks, that’s really good advice!

Are you sure Kris? I thought plugins (or plugin-outlets) only let you add something in the place of that particular outlet. Whereas to change the title tag format I would probably need to open the exiting template (or component or widget) and copy/edit that. At least that’s my understanding after having read the two guides on plugins and theming.

Thank you! That looks like the one I need :smiley:

Thanks again, haha! Both of those look relatively straightforward to find now given their naming and you pointing them out. I think being stumped on changing the title tags may have been a factor :relaxed:

At the moment it feels like I am missing something, and as @merefield pointed out it may be my unfamiliarity with Ember. Does anyone know of any YouTube vids that quickly walk you through it? Perhaps your or @merefield could do one? :blush:

1 Like