Is there a way to manually rotate an image

Have any image-rotation code changes been made recently on the hosted offering from discourse.org? Mine is running Discourse 1.8.8, which github says released 12 days ago. I don’t know when it made its way to my hosted forum.

Basically, posters who have submitted hundreds of images in the past recently started complaining that their landscape photos (including some that they’ve posted fine in the past) now appear sideways when added to posts. Someone reported this happening from an iOS device, and it seems odd to me that an iOS phone (absent an OS update, which has not happened) would spontaneously stop tagging photos with orientation info that Discourse can use. I’m concerned that Discourse is handling these images differently from how it did in the past.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Based on Mobile image upload turns sideways, this sounds like a bit of a mess, and I’m afraid a recent attempt to fix a problem may have made it worse (at least for me). I cannot reproduce this on my older Android phone, but it sounds like each camera device may tag or process images differently.

1 Like