Is there any way to prevent a specific user from being blocked for too many bounces?

We handle a particular type of interaction via email only and the “user” that participates from the moderator side of things has an email address that goes to an email group. Occasionally that list bounces some email from our Discourse instance and the user gets blocked and the group stops getting emails which, while not catastrophic, is pretty darn inconvenient, especially when we don’t notice for a few days or weeks.

I don’t really want to loosen the general bounce settings to account for this, so I’m wondering if there’s a way to exclude this specific user from bounce tracking at all. The user is already a mod, and is trust level 4, but is not an admin.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

1 Like

I can’t think of any way to do this other than ensuring the mail does not bounce, or changing the email address to one that does not bounce.

Can it be whitelisted on the other side so it does not bounce?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, @codinghorror. I suspect there’s some subtle misconfiguration on the other side that might resolve this, but nothing obvious presents itself so I was hoping-for-but-not-expecting a simple solution on the Discourse side.

I’ll keep digging; thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.