@Zoe asked for advice on managing the community forum after marking a topic as “solved”. They wondered if there’s a need to lock the topic.
@NateDhaliwal replied that solved topics will automatically close 7 days after the last reply by default. This duration can be adjusted using the solved topics auto close hours setting.
@Moin added that locking the topic depends on the community’s preference. They also mentioned that the default solved topics auto close hours setting is 0, and there’s a category setting to close solved topics.
@Zoe thanked the respondents for their help, expressing a clearer understanding of the feature.
I’m currently learning how to manage our Forum community and would love some advice.
After marking a topic as “solved,” is there anything else I should do, such as locking the topic? Today, I noticed two older popular topics that already had solutions, so I marked them as “solved,” but I’m unsure if any additional actions are needed.
Hi @Zoe , welcome to the Meta!
Topics which are solved will close 7 days after the last reply by default. After 7 days after the last reply, System will close the topic.
You can change the time from 7 days using the setting solved topics auto close hours.
Hope this helps!