Locations Plugin

And thanks to @RGJ I’ve also got rid of the jQuery.

Three :bird: :bird: :bird:, one :rock:

2 Likes

How do you know a dev is bored?

Translates to: one hour

Translates to: one hour

:joy:

(Sorry off topic :woozy_face: )

6 Likes

ha ha - ha ha

And then one more :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

I’m sure, many other Discodians had noted this thing today (but failed to elaborate).

1 Like

Can we drag on the mini-map after click the ‘Show Map’ button under the topic title?

2 Likes

You can drag the map around internally but no you can’t drag the map container around.

I’m not sure how you’d distinguish between the two actions? :thinking:

In any case PR welcome, that would be nice.

1 Like

I mean drag around internally on the mini-map. It not worked after click the ‘Show Map’ button under the topic title. The mini-map will close immediately when I try to drag or click on the mini-map internally.

This is a discussion from the past.
Hi Robert, that’s the problem. It’s not solved yet. Am I right?

1 Like

I’m able to drag the map, but it (the map) will disappear as soon as I release the mouse button.
Iow, I can drag, but not too much.

yes, same with you.

That’s interesting, yes.

The behaviour is different on the User Cards to the Topic Title.

On iOS iPad, the drag doesn’t cause a premature close on either though.

But on desktop, there’s definitely room (and potentially) scope for improvement here (since User Card seem to work fine?)

I can’t promise when I’ll look at that, but PR welcome in meantime.

1 Like

ok, thx to Robert. here is the report: The mini-map will close immediately when I try to drag or click on the mini-map internally. - Discourse Locations - Coöperative

1 Like

Thanks, I hope this resolves it:

2 Likes

Sorry @merefield for the late response. I haven’t visited Meta for a while so only just saw your post now.

how to reproduce reliably, can you provide exact steps?

Our site is at www.hungryonion.org. See this example:
Maine trip report 6/29-7/7 (mostly coastal areas north and south of Portland) - Regional Dining Discussions / Boston, New England - Hungry Onion

I edited the OP title, click add address button, type in address, select mapped address, click ok.

Same results if I start a new post and add an address.

It happens every time.

what version of Discourse are you using?

Discourse- 3.3.0 beta 1
Locations- 3c350d0a

what do you see in the HTML (using inspector)

The location-text is empty. this is a post with the address added within the last few weeks.

this is a post with the address added a few years ago. the location-text is populated as expected:

do you see any error messages in console or log?

Console: no
Log: no

what is recorded in the User Custom Field for geo_location? Take a look at /u/<username>.json

There isn’t any geo_location information for that user who posted the OP.

Thanks for looking into this!