Lodash.js missing

Hi!

Not sure about the category to post this, I have a containerless setup, which broke after performing an upgrade. I get a somewhat chatty (german) Error 500 screen , and in production.log I can see this:

Processing by StaticController#show as HTML
  Parameters: {"id"=>"login"}
  Rendering static/login.html.erb within layouts/application
  Rendered static/login.html.erb within layouts/application (Duration: 5.4ms | Allocations: 615)
Completed 500 Internal Server Error in 10ms (ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 1890)
ActionView::Template::Error (No such file or directory @ rb_sysopen - /var/www/discourse/vendor/assets/javascripts/lodash.js)
lib/pretty_text.rb:447:in `block in ctx_load'
lib/pretty_text.rb:446:in `each'
lib/pretty_text.rb:446:in `ctx_load'
lib/pretty_text.rb:84:in `create_es6_context'
lib/pretty_text.rb:124:in `block in v8'
lib/pretty_text.rb:122:in `synchronize'
lib/pretty_text.rb:122:in `v8'
lib/pretty_text.rb:148:in `block in markdown'
lib/pretty_text.rb:440:in `block in protect'
lib/pretty_text.rb:439:in `synchronize'
lib/pretty_text.rb:439:in `protect'
lib/pretty_text.rb:147:in `markdown'
lib/pretty_text.rb:267:in `cook'
app/views/static/login.html.erb:3
app/controllers/static_controller.rb:76:in `show'
lib/middleware/omniauth_bypass_middleware.rb:68:in `call'
lib/content_security_policy/middleware.rb:12:in `call'
lib/middleware/anonymous_cache.rb:324:in `call'
config/initializers/100-quiet_logger.rb:19:in `call'
config/initializers/100-silence_logger.rb:31:in `call'
lib/middleware/enforce_hostname.rb:22:in `call'
lib/middleware/request_tracker.rb:176:in `call'

I am really new to all this parallel worlds of package management - but at least I can say that gem install lodash-rails didnt help.

Any idea?
thanks!

Is this install used for development, or is it serving users?

somewhere inbetween. I am developer, I dont plan to dive deep into the code here, and I plan to setup some play project for a few friends

out of curiosity: why is that important?

If you’re using this to serve users and didn’t follow the standard installation then I’m afraid we can’t offer any support.

The free support offered here is limited to the standard install which is the container-based approach. A developer install isn’t intended for serving users, but as you’ve acknowledged you’re using discourse without a container and not for local development purposes.

What a pity to realize that such a nice looking project is not intended to fit my needs…
But thanks anyways

We removed lodash in latest Discourse. We were able to use JS new native features and replace this dependency from the code base.

If you had a theme-component or plugin that depends on it you will need to move to native JS or another alternative.

2 Likes

Thanks for still trying to help me :slight_smile: I just decided to go the official way. Its just that I need one nginx in the container and one outside, but I guess it will save me some hassle

2 Likes