Looks like DO is disabling Smtp in their Discourse hosting plans

They still do have emails being that they serve many e-com setups. I do think Forums tools including Discourse are being allowed for new setups

1 Like

I’m not certain what you mean by that, but that looks to not be part of the recommended standard install process, why don’t you use that?

We strongly recommend using a dedicated email service. Email server setup and maintenance is very difficult even for experienced system administrators, and getting any part of the complex required email setup wrong means your email won’t be delivered, or worse, delivered erratically.

4 Likes

does elastic mail have a daily limit?
$19 for monthly plan/50k emails monthly, some providers like to limit the daily amount.

2 Likes

Looks pretty good

1 Like

Don’t see daily limit posted at their site, you may need to contact their support team to verify that.

Brevo free plan has 300 emails/day limit.

3 Likes

For what it is worth, my forum was set up to use Mailgun several years ago, and it has just worked ever since, without skipping a beat. I don’t remember much about the setup process now, but I don’t believe it was very difficult. E-mail deliverability and reputation score has remained very high.

6 Likes