Make a multi-language forum

I don’t think so. Discourse doesn’t know what language posts are in. The source language is determined by Azure once the post gets sent there for translation.

Assuming that Azure returns the detected source language and that the translator plugin saves it (though why would it?), the maximum you could get is a list of all posts in Portuguese that have been translated at least once.

Thanks, Christoph! My understanding is that the translator plugin does save translations. But I’m not entirely clear how it works.

Maybe the answer here is a tag that admins can manually add to posts in the various languages, to make the posts in specific languages easier to keep track of and follow.

It sure does save the translated text, but I don’t know if it also saves the language of the original post.

Not sure if admins want to do that kind of work… Besides, tags are applied to topics and those can contain posts in different languages…

1 Like

Hi, looking for such a system on my new site. For the time being I put an icon flag (English/French) in the header and that sends a tag filter list of topics. But ideally, it would filter the content of the site by language only and not display an uncategorized list of topics.

1 Like