Managing Activity Summary email subscriptions

:bookmark: This guide explains how to change the frequency or unsubscribe from Activity Summary emails in Discourse.

:person_raising_hand: Required user level: Member

The Discourse “Activity Summary” (formerly known as the digest email) is an email sent out to members who haven’t visited the forum in a specific period. It includes a collection of the most popular content since their last visit. Individual users have the ability to determine how often they receive this summary, or can unsubscribe from the emails altogether.

Summary

Learn how to change the mailing frequency or unsubscribe from Discourse Activity Summary emails. Additionally, find out how to exclude certain content from these emails.

Changing the frequency or unsubscribing

To change the mailing frequency or unsubscribe from Activity Summary emails, follow these steps:

1. Go to User Preferences: Click on your avatar and select “Profile” from the dropdown menu. Click on the “Preferences” tab.

2. Navigate to Emails tab:

• On the “Emails” tab, you can adjust the frequency under the “Activity Summary” section.
    • To stop receiving these emails, uncheck the box next to “When I don’t visit here, send me an email summary”.

You can also click the “Unsubscribe” link provided in any Activity Summary email you receive.

Excluding certain content

You may want to exclude certain content categories or tags from appearing in your Activity Summary emails:

Exclue content from certaion categories or tags:

• On the “Notifications” tab of your user preferences, you can mute categories or tags to ensure they don’t appear in your summary emails.

Exclude content from new users:

• On the “Emails” tab, there is an option to exclude content from new users if you prefer not to see those in your summaries.

:information_source: Note: Muting a category or tag will also hide the topics on the Latest page.

Best practices

• Ensure you check the “Notifications” tab regularly to keep your email preferences up to date.
  • Be mindful of the categories and tags you choose to mute, as this will affect both your email summaries and what you see on the Latest page.

Common issues and solutions

Issue: You are still receiving email summaries after unsubscribing.

• Solution: Double-check the email address associated with your account to ensure you are adjusting settings for the correct email.

Issue: Excluded content still appears in the summary.

• Solution: Verify that the categories or tags are properly muted in your notification settings.

FAQs

How often can I receive Activity Summary emails?
You can choose to receive these emails daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly.

Can I customize what content is included in the Activity Summary?
Yes, you can exclude content from new users or mute certain categories or tags.

Additional resources

Last edited by @JammyDodger 2024-06-18T07:17:15Z

Check documentPerform check on document: