|Summary||Microsoft Authentication enables login via Microsoft accounts (AKA Office 365, Microsoft 365 accounts)|
|Install Guide||How to install plugins in Discourse|
Enables login “with Microsoft” for a forum:
You can update all settings by visiting the Admin > Settings area, and searching for “microsoft auth”
Visit https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_RegisteredApps/ApplicationsListBlade and follow the directions for registering a new application.
- Choose a name (usually your site name)
- Under Supported account types, select the most permissive option
- Add your site as a Redirect URI for Web in this format:
- Visit Certificates & secrets on the left sidebar menu, and
- Put something simple under Description
- Choose 24 months under
Expires(yes, you’ll have to renew it)
- copy the Value (this is the Application Secret) and paste into the Plugin settings before you lose it!
- (Optional) visit Branding if you wish - this stuff is not obviously exposed
- Visit Overview (also on the left). Copy the Application (client ID) and paste it into the plugin settings.