Monetization via discourse

Team - my search efforts have yet to yield any results. Are there opportunities to monetize via paid post prioritization? Does this exist in any plugins?

Example: Pay for a stickied thread in a category advertising your X

Application: I am building a marketplace using discourse and want to build monetization outside of ads.

Thanks kindly,
Mike

7 Likes

AFAIK no such functionality exists today. It wouldn’t be too hard to build, if it’s critical to your site I would consider posting in the #marketplace

3 Likes

Good advice I’ll do just that.

1 Like

I have built this feature as a plugin and I run it actively on my forums. It works well:

https://github.com/chrisbeach/discourse-paid-pinning

Big caveat: I have limited time to maintain the plugin code, so it’s possible this plugin may stop working in future if Stripe or Discourse were to make major changes to their API.

So I am more than happy for someone else to maintain a fork of this plugin (effectively taking it over from me).

12 Likes

Can you share a live version? - disregard I can’t read apparently.

Is it possible to limit the sticky per category with your plugins?

1 Like

It’s not possible to limit per category, no.

I would welcome a pull request from another developer who wanted to add that feature (provided the feature is made optional)

3 Likes

Dear talented dev, help …us…

3 Likes

As @Stephen mentioned, there’s the #marketplace for that! :smiley:

EDIT: I see you’ve posted there. Awesome.

4 Likes

Justin I’m two steps ahead of you and one step behind the right place to post things. So many years of vbulletin has led to brain rot.

@justin

9 Likes

The good news is that you’ve already found the cure!

9 Likes