🎀 Neomorphism, a modern theme for Discourse

The Neomorphism theme brings a new fresh look to Discourse. It uses the neomorphic design system which involved paper-like realism to the UI.
Features:

1. Full-Width view
  2. Customizable color scheme
  3. Custom Welcome Banner
  4. Wide Search bar

Screenshot:

Customizable welcome banner:

Homepage:

Homepage Layout 2:

Topic page:

Full page search:

This is our first theme and I hope you will like it. We look forward to your feedbacks :sparkles:.

Contributors
Shalini Bose (@shalinibose)
Siddhant Kumar (@siddhantdante)
Aman Sharma (@amanintech)
36 Likes

Beautiful work.

Customizable color scheme is a convenient feature. How about customizable font as well?

How might I show the search bar only upon scroll?

Can the header be shown only on the index and nowhere else?

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, it supports customizable fonts as well. Adding that too
thanks @Zup

5 Likes

Hi, nice theme, but when using banner collapse I get following.

2 Likes

We have never seen this issue @bubblecatcher . Could you dig in a little and find what plugin/ setting might be causing this ?

1 Like

@amanintech NIce work!
How can i change/configure the left sidebar ?

thanks

1 Like

Hey @hollosch, thanks for the appreciation.

For now we haven’t added dynamic controls to the sidebar.
You would need to do some extra effort on this one.

1. Fork the repo GitHub - twimbit/neomorphism-discourse: Discourse theme with neomorphism design
  2. Replace this file to your desired items - neomorphism-discourse/after_header.html at main · twimbit/neomorphism-discourse · GitHub
  3. Install the theme to discourse

let me know if it helped

1 Like

Hey @amanintech , it works. Thank you very much!
How can i add more navigation items? Only copy&paste the existing code?

regards,
hollosch

1 Like

Glad that it helped.

yes, for now coding would be direct way, if you can make it modular and directly edit it from setting, I would gladly merge your contributions.

1 Like

Hey,
Can someone tell me what the problem is here, why are the names of the categories no longer displayed and no icons either?

1 Like

Never Seen this one before,
is it happening with just this theme or some other theme as well, Also let me know what Discourse version are you using, we last tested on version 2.9.0 beta 3 and it worked fine.

1 Like

Hello,
2.9.0.beta8
is the Version

1 Like

Breaks in version 3 in the navbar navpills

HI,

thank’s for your theme @amanintech is beautiful…

I have the same problem @amanintech (Last version discourse)

Hey there @amanintech,

The search menu and its logic was converted from (deprecated) widgets to glimmer components. The changes are currently hidden behind a group based feature flag, but we have the intention of making the glimmer search menu the new default in the near future. The changes will break any search overrides in your theme so I wanted to raise this to you prior to us making the switch.

Here is the PR for reference.

Thanks, :wave:

I have tagged the theme as broken. As I explained above, the theme relies on the widget search menu which is deprecated and has now been removed from core completely. It will need to be refactored to account for the component based search menu.

1 Like