[PAID] Custom pages plugin & custom registration plugin

Hi, I am looking for a developer which can create two plugins for me. One being rather simple and the other one more complex. Let’s start by the custom pages one. I need a plugin or a way that allows me to create new pages on my board, ex : /shop , /vote, /rules, etc. I know that there is a public one out there but it only lets you have numbered pages ex: 1, 2, 3, etc). In order to have a fully functional discourse site, i’d need to be able to have those pages use custom urls.

Secondly, the registration plugin will need to hook into a java plugin on a game-server (minecraft) and accept in-game user registrations only (I am doing this so that players can only register from in-game instead of creating random accounts on the forums with irrelevant names). This plugin will have to work with or gather the information from the java one on the game-server to create a discourse forum account with the user’s in-game name. Depending whom applies for this, you may either be commissioned to do both the discourse plugin and the java one, if not, I will hire both a discourse dev and a java dev separately.

I am willing to pay very well for these two features as I am trying to open up the discourse world to the very popular game community which is minecraft. Thank you all for reading and hopefully, we can together help expand the reach of this amazing platform.

Just want to make sure you’re aware that you can now (through the admin panel) have peralinks like /shop that redirect to specific topics (which can be closed/locked so no one can edit them). Not sure what content you have in mind, but that might get you close enough.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, this can certainly help with a few pages but I would still need the ability to create pages where I can use html/php to run applications. For example, the store is ran on an independent platform and the voting pages runs scripts that pull data from a MySQL database.

You want a plugin that allows you to create PHP + MySQL pages?

1 Like

yes, but MySQL will be used within the php applications

I guess I’m really confused. You want to create pages in Discourse (Rails and Ember) that runs PHP applications? Sounds like you should run a PHP application on a subdomain to create the pages you link to from Discourse.

2 Likes

I may be the one who is not explaining this well enough. I just want the ability to create custom html pages that have custom urls. From what i’ve tested, this plugin https://github.com/nukomeet/discourse-static-pages lets you have those kinds of pages but are limited to have numbered urls ex: yourwebsite.com/1 instead of something like yourwebsite.com/shop . I hope that this clears up what I need

I guess this part threw me off.

If you really need fully custom pages, I would still recommend a subdomain that you have full control over. It would be a lot cleaner.

The other option would be to create a topic with what you want, close it, and follow @downey’s advice:

2 Likes

I’ve heard word from my web dev that the issue is not with creating pages, its with having a friendly url. He says that the pages use urls like yoursite.com/p/1, we want to have it as yoursite.com/example. But thanks for the advice

Take a look at this section:

3 Likes

Maybe you want something similar to what these guys created then:

They’re gonna be doing a guest blog-post about it soon.

3 Likes

that’s half a fix for the pages, sadly that doesn’t let us use php for applications. And we’re still looking for the custom registration solution

How would you run a php application from a ruby environment?

Do a search here on meta for “single sign on.”

1 Like

Yeah I figured it was impossible

will do, thanks

We are still looking for a developer to work out a custom registration plugin for us. We are willing to pay very well.

I have already implemented a custom Discourse SSO and would like to work on this gig.

And I can probably do the Micecraft part too, PM me some details.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.