Please restore email digests

Don’t want to count any chickens before they hatch :wink: but my organization is hiring a developer to create a plugin to recreate the functionality of the Mailing List Mode Daily Digest. @joebuhlig is doing the programming for us. It will be open source when it’s done. To start it will just recreate the former functionality but more improvements may come down the line as time goes on.

10 Likes

Heh, yep sorry I suppose that someone could have been me, but I’m unable to take on any unpaid work at the moment. If the work with Joe falls through (I don’t think he will, from what I’ve seen he’s great!), feel free to reach out to me and I’d be happy to discuss this (and additional improvements as required) on a contract.

6 Likes

Hey, team! I’ve spent some time working on this and I think it’s all in place. The only issue is getting the mailer to find the view. I’ve spent quite a while trying to get it to read the template in app/views/user_notifications with no luck. Anyone see what I’m missing here?

https://github.com/joebuhlig/discourse-mlm-daily-summary

3 Likes

I for one am glad the name was “finally” changed from the misleading term “digest”. :wink: :trophy:

1 Like

Have you tried adding

prepend_view_path "plugins/discourse-mlm-daily-summary/app/views"

to the UserNotifications override?

4 Likes

Doh! I knew it had to be something simple. Thanks, James.

Just need to add the user setting and respect it. Then this will be ready to go. :wink:

2 Likes

Here you go! I wrapped this up late last week and we let it run with no issues over the weekend.

11 Likes