Poll time! By a show of hands:
- I don’t use pre-formatted text/code blocks at all
- I use it by clicking the </> button
- I use it by manually typing the back-ticks
- I use it by indenting text by 4 four spaces
- I use the Cmd/Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut
I’m asking because I’d like to change the Cmd-Shift-C shortcut.
That shortcut is used by browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) to “Start element selection”. I personally use it all the time, but if I happen to have the composer open it does not show the dev tools but instead Discourse takes over and adds the following to the post:
indent preformatted text by 4 spaces
Ideally we could decide on some other keyboard shortcut.