ProCourse Static Pages

I’d recommend checking out the new page publishing feature. I believe that you’ll need to take feature requests to #marketplace, as this developer is no longer actively involved with discourse.

3 Likes

Hi @pfaffman ,
What do you mean by “new page publishing feature”? Is this something built-in to Discourse? Thanks.

Hey Chris. See Page Publishing that was added to core a while back. It’s linked somewhere above, but since it was almost a year ago, it’s probably hard to find.

2 Likes

Just a note to @staff that this plugin is probably now broken. I had to disable it on my Discourse build as it was causing a 500 error whenever I tried posting with it enabled.

1 Like

Following the deprecation error message (whiteList to allowList in whitelist-tags.js.es6) in console seems to have solved it, although it needs more testing. Here’s the fork if you want to try/save a second.

I’ll make a PR in a few hours if everything seems okay.

3 Likes

I just upgraded an it’s working for me. It’s possible that it failed, I removed it, rebuilt, and then re-enabled it and rebuilt again.

3 Likes

Good to note! It could be other plugins interfering now with it. I rebuilt without it, and then rebuilt with it and it failed with the old repo. I am now attempting @TReKiE’s fix with the hope that resolves it for my configuration.

2 Likes

That did the trick! Thanks for giving this a new lease on life.

3 Likes

Well, the site can’t reply to posts and it looks like static pages is to blame.

Edit: @TReKiE 's fork seems to work for me! Thanks! Hopefully Joe will accept the pr. But really, I think it might make more sense to have you be the primary maintainer of you think you’re willing. Maybe you can get Joe to add you, or maybe your fork will be the one people use.

5 Likes

Thanks guys for testing and confirming.
The PR was merged earlier today. I’ll continue to leave my fork where it is however.

I guess we’ll see how things go for now.

3 Likes

Well, I’m now getting an infinite loop when I visit /admin/plugins

I also see Uncaught ReferenceError: Ember is not defined

It breaks chrome so bad that I have to reboot to get it to stop.

2 Likes

Thanks Jay.

I’ve updated my fork with fixes if you want to try that out. Will PR later when I’m more confident.

3 Likes

Nice work! Looks like you did it again!

3 Likes

Is there a place to see a demo? Joe’s demo site no longer present.

It looks like this:

As stated above, you might be interested in the Page Publishing feature.

2 Likes

I’d recommend using the built-in page publishing rather than starting to use a plug in whose developer no longer works in discourse.

2 Likes