I’ve got a big import that’s got a bunch of tombstoned images. This happens from time to time and I’m not sure why, but that’s not why I’m here.
rake uploads:recover_from_tombstone and it’s taking well over a minute per upload (I think that’s what those 45471 things that it needs to process are). So, I’m looking at a month for it to finish.
And the 25 that it processed appeared not to have done anything (the most recent one did reported that it was restoring an image to its proper place).
It’s a standard install on an 8GB Digital Ocean “optimized” droplet.
db_shared_buffers: "2048MB" db_work_mem: "80MB" UNICORN_WORKERS: 4
At one point I tried increasing
num_connections up to 200 (a new trick I learned recently), but that didn’t seem to help either.
total used free shared buff/cache available Mem: 7.8G 1.7G 133M 1.0G 6.0G 4.8G Swap: 2.0G 691M 1.3G
I’m pretty stumped.
EDIT: I think it’s just that the database is not on SSD, but whatever DO calls their extra space and it’s a huge community with a couple million posts.