Rendering issues - parts of page/logo appears as white

(AstonJ) #1

Continuing the discussion from Help us test our new post rendering engine!:

Not sure if this is related to the above, but for a few weeks now the page, or parts of the page, or even part of the logo is appearing blank/white. It’s happening here as well as my own forum.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Edit: It just happened again on this topic!

(Régis Hanol) #2

What browser/OS? Any way we could repro this?

(AstonJ) #3

Safari Mac.

Not sure how it can be reproduced tbh, it seems random :confused:

(Mittineague) #4

It looks like the space for the scrolled-view topic title is blocking the icon.

Did you do some kind of partial scroll?

(AstonJ) #5

No, I had only just posted the thread.

With regards to previous occurrences, I have been scrolling (sometimes fairly large threads with 50 or so replies).

(Jeff Atwood) #6

I have seen this at times on iOS, but I also don’t know the repro.

(AstonJ) #7

Happened again (this time on my forum) I was scrolling down the page and most of it vanished, paused and waited a bit but no change so screen grabbed it and continued scrolling which then brought everything back.

(Sam Saffron) #8

Is there anything in the chrome dev console? Any custom plugins? Anything in logs?

(AstonJ) #9

I’m using Safari on the Mac.

Tags and accepted answer plug-in and one for email certs - nothing I can think of that would trigger this tbh.

Any of these you want to look at?

(Simon Cossar) #10

I can reproduce that on meta using Safari just by randomly selecting topics. It happens at least 1 in 20 times. I don’t see any significant errors in the console. It goes away when the title wrapper scrolls into view.

(Sam Saffron) #11

@eviltrout can you have a look?

(Robin Ward) #12

This has been totally rewritten due to the new header. Can anyone confirm that it is still happening or fixed?

(For the record I’ve never seen it.)

(Simon Cossar) #13

It looks like that fixed it. I can’t reproduce it anymore.

(Jeff Atwood) #14