Rendering issues - parts of page/logo appears as white

Continuing the discussion from Help us test our new post rendering engine!:

Not sure if this is related to the above, but for a few weeks now the page, or parts of the page, or even part of the logo is appearing blank/white. It’s happening here as well as my own forum.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

Edit: It just happened again on this topic!

What browser/OS? Any way we could repro this?

Safari Mac.

Not sure how it can be reproduced tbh, it seems random :confused:

1 Like

It looks like the space for the scrolled-view topic title is blocking the icon.

Did you do some kind of partial scroll?

No, I had only just posted the thread.

With regards to previous occurrences, I have been scrolling (sometimes fairly large threads with 50 or so replies).

1 Like

I have seen this at times on iOS, but I also don’t know the repro.

1 Like

Happened again (this time on my forum) I was scrolling down the page and most of it vanished, paused and waited a bit but no change so screen grabbed it and continued scrolling which then brought everything back.

Is there anything in the chrome dev console? Any custom plugins? Anything in logs?

I’m using Safari on the Mac.

Tags and accepted answer plug-in and one for email certs - nothing I can think of that would trigger this tbh.

Any of these you want to look at?

I can reproduce that on meta using Safari just by randomly selecting topics. It happens at least 1 in 20 times. I don’t see any significant errors in the console. It goes away when the title wrapper scrolls into view.

4 Likes

@eviltrout can you have a look?

1 Like

This has been totally rewritten due to the new header. Can anyone confirm that it is still happening or fixed?

(For the record I’ve never seen it.)

It looks like that fixed it. I can’t reproduce it anymore.

4 Likes