Replicating the page load/transition in the Graceful theme

This is a very inspiring theme. I like it a lot. Many elements are highly adaptable within other themes.

One thing I’m trying to replicate, is how the page load/transition has been handled.

I need to remove the white flash, that is in the standard theme - it goes completely unnoticed due to white being universal colour.

In graceful however the background is viewable as if that white transition is transparent. Is this how it was achieved and if so what part of the CSS is controlling this behaviour?.

2 Likes

Here’s the CSS for how the background is applied in this theme, I think this is what you’re looking for?

body {
    background-color: #f8f8f8;
    background-image: url(https://community.example.com/example.jpg);
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-size: auto;
}

By default in Discourse the background color is applied to the HTML tag, so this just covers that up entirely.

6 Likes

@awesomerobot Once more a lighting and exacting reply! :+1:

This has me sorted for now, so again much thanks.

It more than just feels like this theme has it’s own rapid repose unit! :wink:

It’s inspiring themes and the work that goes into them, helps newbies like me wrap our semi-baked noodles around such fine cloth, by finding some direction and then pitching the right and wrong questions as we go on our journey forth!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.