Request - add CSS class containing tag group

I’d like to be able to style all tags within a certain tag group. It would be really handy if everywhere the tag-X CSS class exists, we could also have tag-group-X (where the tag belongs to a group.

In my local forum, I have tags for each road, all belonging to a group called “roads” - I’d like to be able to style all road tags, and avoid having to edit my CSS every time I add a new road tag.

1 Like

Is this possible @neil?

We don’t fetch tag groups when rendering topics. They’re only useful when composing new topics. It’s technically possible, but can’t be done easily currently.

4 Likes

Hi, this might be cool logical feature. Currently Discourse has a great option Tag groups, but the ability to use its benefit like custom coloring for groups is missed now. If the group has it own class, it will be easy to apply single CSS for a group of tags.

For those who wants to apply custom style to some tag (css tag):

.tag-css.discourse-tag.box {
background-color: #ff9a1e;
color: #242424;
}
2 Likes

This request just came up in a discussion I was having. This site wants to color tags, but not need to modify their CSS every time a new tag is added, they’d prefer to simply add the tag to a tag group.

5 Likes

I feel like bumping this topic :grinning:

Our basic use-case would be pretty much the same as mention here:

But we would also like to be able to do some widget magic based on a variable that returns topic tags and their corresponding tag groups.

3 Likes

Would love to see that too! We use a large set of tags for journal/report sections. It would be nice to hide some tag groups from /latest

1 Like