Require Error with Import Script

Apologies for the Ruby noob question, as I have just abandoned my nodeJS import notions and trying to use modified Ruby import_script instead.

I am getting the following require: cannot load such file -- rb-inotify error when trying to run the script. Note that I am running Discourse on Bitnami (Google Cloud) – which I know is not the supported method, but as a total Ruby noob, I am not sure whether the error relates to Bitnami or whether I am just missing some Ruby fundamentals…

Traceback (most recent call last):
json_mt.rb: Bootsnap::LoadPathCache::FallbackScan
        18: from json_mt.rb:4:in `<main>'
        17: from json_mt.rb:4:in `require'
        16: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/script/import_scripts/base.rb:16:in `<top (required)>'
        15: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/script/import_scripts/base.rb:16:in `require_relative'
        14: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/config/environment.rb:4:in `<top (required)>'
        13: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/config/environment.rb:4:in `require'
        12: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/config/application.rb:65:in `<top (required)>'
        11: from /opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.1.2/lib/bundler.rb:174:in `require'
        10: from /opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.1.2/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:58:in `require'
         9: from /opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.1.2/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:58:in `each'
         8: from /opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.1.2/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:69:in `block in require'
         7: from /opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.1.2/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:69:in `each'
         6: from /opt/bitnami/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/bundler-2.1.2/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:74:in `block (2 levels) in requ
ire'
         5: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.6/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/co
re_ext/kernel_require.rb:27:in `require'
         4: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.6/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/co
re_ext/kernel_require.rb:41:in `rescue in require'
         3: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.6/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/co
re_ext/kernel_require.rb:22:in `require_with_bootsnap_lfi'
         2: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.6/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/lo
aded_features_index.rb:89:in `register'
         1: from /opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.6/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/co
re_ext/kernel_require.rb:23:in `block in require_with_bootsnap_lfi'
/opt/bitnami/apps/discourse/htdocs/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/bootsnap-1.4.6/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_req
uire.rb:23:in `require': cannot load such file -- rb-inotify (LoadError)

(Note that I have tried running some of the included, non-customized import scripts … with the same error. So it seems it is not triggered by any of my edits to the ruby code)

1 Like

Unfortunately, the Bitnami install is one we cannot support here. You’ll have to reach out to Bitnami for specific help; otherwise, we recommend our official install guide.

2 Likes

Okay, okay. You guys have lured me away from the dark side.

I have just started over with a Docker-based install. Making progress, but you’ll probably hear from me again soon… :wink:

4 Likes

Providing you’re using a supported install we will (try to) help with pretty much anything.

2 Likes