Searching results not displaying expected topics

Continuing the discussion from Missing English text `[en.admin.embedding.embed_classname_whitelist]`:

I was expecting a search for embed_classname_whitelist to return results that mentioned [en.admin.embedding.embed_classname_whitelist].

Whilst this might just be because of word-break characters . and ] they are still word-break characters and the results are still unexpected.

Steps to reproduce

1. Search meta for embed_classname_whitelist

Expected result

Search results should include the following topics:

Actual result

Currently the results are a single result, linking to this topic:

Additional Notes

Searching for en.admin.embedding.embed_classname_whitelist results in the expected results:

And searching for admin.embedding.embed_classname_whitelist returns (an unexpected) zero results:

Although all of these results might include this topic after submitting this topic.

This is also a dupe, has been raised before. Has to do with “programmery” characters interfering with the way “words” are formed in the Postgres search indexes.

Could you kindly point me at the topic?

I can’t seem to find it.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/full-text-search-and-words-delimited-by-punctuation/15481

3 Likes

I searched for this

@sam stemmer order:latest

and got

2 Likes

Ahhh, magic word stemmer :slight_smile:

This is probably worthy of a tag to keep search-index-related topics together, but I’m too lazy to set it up.

2 Likes

Fixed per:

4 Likes