Seeking Guidance on Direct Auto-Login Link for Discourse

Hello Discourse Community,

I have successfully implemented Single Sign-On (SSO) between my Ruby on Rails application and my Discourse forum. This setup allows users to sign in through my Rails app and then access Discourse by clicking the “login” link manually.

I am looking to advance this integration to make the transition even smoother. My goal is to have a direct link in my Rails app that, when clicked by a signed-in user, immediately logs them into Discourse without further prompts or the need to manually click “login” on Discourse. This link is not intended for password recovery or to be shared via email; it’s dynamically generated in the Rails app for immediate use by the current user.

Questions:

1. Does Discourse support creating such a direct auto-login link as part of its SSO functionality?
  2. If this is possible, could you please direct me to the appropriate documentation or provide guidelines on how to implement this feature?
  3. If this feature isn’t available, are there any recommended plugins or methods within the Discourse community to achieve this seamless auto-login experience?

I’m eager to enhance user convenience and ensure a seamless interface between the platforms. Any help or pointers you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Like

I think this will accomplish what you’re looking for: Create a DiscourseConnect login link.

4 Likes

Thank you!