Setting up a private category

Could someone please show me how to set up a private category?

I’ve have searched for a solution but have found very little in terms of guidance.

Thanks

You need to create a group and assign said members you want to access the category to said group.

Then create category and set the security of the category to only be that group that can access it.

Thank you.

The issue I am having is that when I set up a new category, I cannot locate/ find the security settings in order that only members of the group can access it.

If you navigate to the categories page /Categories
You can from the right hand side drop down next to New Topic create a new category -

From there you have the following options -

Thank you.

However when click New Topic I am presented with the below box, with no security options.

Am I missing something?

(cpradio) #6

I think you have something strange happening on your setup. Do you have any plugins installed?

This is what I see when I do New Category:

Yes, I believe we do have some plug-ins installed, but I will need to check with the team who set this up to find out which ones.

So, in conclusion, it seems like a plug-in is blocking me from accessing the security settings.

I will let you know how I get on.

Ben

(Rafael dos Santos Silva) #8

Have you tried safe mode?

(Jim Whitescarver) #9

I added a group Members to include all member of the coop however the group is not in the choices under security. How do I restrict access to the category to the group?

(Daniela) #10

See: